Peace Mala has won a £1,000 Movement for Good award from Ecclesiastical Insurance Group thanks to nominations from the public.
Peace Mala is one of 500 winners in specialist insurer Ecclesiastical’s Movement for Good awards, which is giving £1million to charities this summer.
This award will help Peace Mala’s vital work with children and young people, encouraging them to become more compassionate citizens of the future.
Members of the public were invited to nominate causes close to their hearts, with 500 gifts of £1,000 available for donation. Over 13,000 charities were nominated by more than 210,000 members of the public.
“We are thrilled to receive the Movement for Good award from Ecclesiastical Insurance Group thanks to nominations from the public.
The Peace Mala Educational charity works with schools across the UK. We also have one school in Florida USA…Sunrise Academy.
We encourage pupils to live by the Golden Rule, to treat others as you would wish them to treat you. Our project stands up to bullying and all forms of prejudice. We encourage young people to engage in creative, compassionate education that embraces all cultures and encourages cohesion, diversity, global citizenship and respect for all.
Our pupils are already contributing to a more compassionate and just world. They are already making a difference.”
Pam Evans MBE Founder and CEO of Peace Mala
Mark Hews, Group Chief Executive of Ecclesiastical Insurance Group, says:
“We would like to thank every single person who took the time to nominate a good cause as part of our Movement for Good awards. Ecclesiastical, the fourth largest corporate donor in the UK, is a unique financial services group. We are owned by a charity which means all available profits can be given to the good causes that are so important to our customers. As a company whose purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society, charitable giving is at the heart of our business. We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives for the better.”
About Peace Mala
- Peace Mala is a multi-award winning educational project for peace and global citizenship set up by Pam Evans MBE when Muslim and Asian students in her school suffered racial and religious bullying in the aftermath of 9/11.
- The project works to support human rights and to stand up to bullying and every form of prejudice.
- Peace Mala also raises awareness of issues of global interdependence and encourages active compassion by learners that will lead to positive changes locally and globally.
- Owned by a registered charity, Allchurches Trust, Ecclesiastical is a specialist insurer of the faith, heritage, fine art, charities, education, real estate, schemes and private client sectors
- Ecclesiastical is one of the UK’s top corporate donors to charity. It has donated over £99m to charity since 2016 and is aiming to reach its target of giving more than £100m by the end of 2021. Find out more at www.ecclesiastical.com/about-us
For more information visit about Movement for Good visit: